YWCA Tri County Area is seeking volunteers to become active participants in the community’s success. Each volunteer is a highly valued member of YWCA Tri-County Area and contribute significantly toward realizing our mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
A volunteer is anyone who, without compensation or expectation of compensation, performs a task at the direction of the agency. A volunteer must be officially accepted and enrolled by the agency prior to performance tasks. Unless specifically stated, volunteers shall not be considered “employees” of the agency.
Adult Education Centers (Pottstown and Norristown)
- Adult education tutors are mature, positive and flexible, enjoy working with people, and have an enthusiasm for education.
- Volunteers must have a four-year degree, be enrolled in a four-year degree program, or enrolled in a community college transfer program that will lead to a four-year degree.
- Tutors work one on one or in small groups to help students with reading, writing, or math skills
- Tutors also support English as a Second Language learners through instruction in speaking reading, and writing in English
Foster Grandparent Program
- Adults 55 and older work with students 1-on-1 in schools or child care centers to help them reach educational goals
- Foster Grandparents receive benefits including recognition, a meal each workday, transportation, and more!
- Must work a minimum of 5 hours per week
- Orientation and training included
- Prepare recipe ingredients by washing, peeling and chopping fruit and vegetables, meat and other foods as required in the daily operations of the childcare food program and YWCA events
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as steaming or parboiling, baking, and preparing simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc.
- Assist in plating and serving in proper portion/measurements as required for breakfast, lunch and or snack each day (childcare food program) and at YW3CA events.
- Work with the culinary department to keep the kitchen safe, clean, and organized by sweeping, washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, wiping countertops and cabinetry and other duties as required
Sign Up to Volunteer with YWCA Tri-County Area Today!
For more information, contact Ashley Faison, Volunteer Coordinator at 610-323-1888 ext. 210 or firstname.lastname@example.org