YWCA Tri-County Area Opens Enrollment for all Pre-K Programs!
Enrollment is open for YWCA Tri-County Area’s pre-kindergarten programs for children ages 6 months and older at its Early Education Center, 315 King St.
Experienced early childhood education staff provide age-appropriate academic instruction, social and emotional enhancement, nutrition and fitness education, music education, and developmental assessment. Children also receive annual vision, hearing, and dental screenings. Children receive a nutritious breakfast and lunch, plus a snack. Hours of operation are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Open Enrollment Programs available for children are:
- Pre-K Counts is a full-day, state-funded, pre-kindergarten program for children whose family incomes are 300% or less of the federal poverty level. Pre-K Counts is free to qualified families, and children receive a free lunch and snack daily. Classes are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Pre-K Counts offers a curriculum focused on academic, social/emotional, and physical development. Small class sizes, one-on-one time with teachers, and regular progress reports help prepare children for a smooth transition and success in kindergarten. Pre-K Counts operates during the academic year, and opens August 31.
- Preschool classrooms offer school readiness education, following the Pre-K Counts curriculum, for children ages 3-5.
- Early Head Start offers free educational programming for children ages 1-3. Early Head Start is free to qualified families, and includes family-centered services designed to promote the development of the children, and to enable parents to fulfill their roles as their children’s first teachers.
- Infant/toddler classrooms for children 6 months through 3 years establish positive learning habits for young children so they may develop to their fullest potential, while enabling parents to maintain employment. Qualified families may receive services free of charge through the Pa. Early Learning Resource Center.
- Before- and after-school care for children K-6 provides children with a safe place before and after school until their parents return home from work. Children participate in recreational activities, STEM enrichment, and fitness instruction.
YW’s Early Education Center is a Keystone STARS 4 child care center, licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. YW accepts Pa. Early Learning Resource Center tuition subsidy for qualified families.
YW is following state COVID-19 guidelines in reopening and in maintaining facilities. A health and safety handbook outlining procedures is available to all parents and guardians.
For information about early childhood education programming at YWCA Tri-County Area, contact Kathleen Seeley, senior director of early education, at 610-323-1888 ext. 209, or KSeeley@ywcatricountyarea.org
YWCA Tri-County Area is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW is a leader in advocacy for women and girls, works to eliminate racism, and lives its mission through affordable early childhood education, adult literacy, and a host of programs to support the health and vitality of women, girls, and families.