Do you know exceptional girls making a difference in their school and in their community??
Nominate her today for YWCA Tri-County Area’s 5th Annual Tribute to Exceptional Girls awards brunch. Nominees and award winners will be honored on Saturday, May 16 at the Hill School Center for the Arts in Pottstown.
Modeled after YWCA’s long-running and successful Tribute to Exceptional Women, Tribute to Exceptional Girls honors girls in grades 4-12 who make a positive impact on those around them. Community members are invited to nominate girls who excel the following categories:
- Arts – honors girls in grades 4-12 who have a love for art and the ability to express self-truth through artistic expression.
- Health and Wellness – honors girls in grades 4-12 who promote, demonstrate, and encourage the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- STEM – honors girls in grades 6-12 who have a passion and who take initiative in science, technology, engineering and/or math.
- The Coretta Scott King Award for social justice honors girls in grades 6-12 who are an agent of change by advocating, influencing and making an impact among her peers in the areas of social justice, peace, equality, and human rights.
- Rising Star Award honors girls in 12th grade who exhibit leadership qualities, and who are role models or mentors to her peers.
Nominations may be submitted by April 3 through an online form at tinyurl.com/girlstribute2020.
YWCA Tri-County Area is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW3CA is a leader in advocacy for women and girls, works to eliminate racism, and empowers women through quality affordable childcare, adult literacy, and a host of programs to support the health and vitality of women, girls, and families.