Only two more weeks left of the early bird discount ticket sale for the 25th Annual Tribute to Exceptional Women!
Tribute to Exceptional Women recognizes women for their ability to lead by example, embrace community responsibility, and demonstrate exceptional leadership in their careers and in their communities. This tradition of honoring exceptional women will be celebrated with a luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, at Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia.
Tickets are on sale and available online at www.ywcatricountyarea.org/2020tribute. Early bird tickets are $50 through March 1 and $60 afterward. Tables of 10 are $450 through March 1, and $500 afterward.
In the 25 years since the inaugural Tribute to Exceptional Women, YWCA Tri-County Area has honored more than 200 women for their achievements in their careers or for their service to their communities. Community members are invited to nominate women in several categories; nominations close on Friday, February 14. The 2020 Tribute to Exceptional Women will honor women in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who fosters arts or culture in significant ways as an artist, volunteer, leader, educator, or patron.
- Community Enhancement: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who inspires, mentors advocates and acts on behalf of others through community programs or organizations, government, military or first responders, or philanthropic endeavors.
- Education: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who is a public or private educator, trainer, or administrator who inspires a passion for excellence and innovation for personal growth, development, and lifelong learning.
- Rising Star: This award recognizes an outstanding young woman who is making an impact early in her adult life. The award is focused on women 18-35 who have shown dedication by creating, participating or adapting programs to meet community needs, and who embodies the YWCA mission.
- Coretta Scott King Award: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who is an Agent of Change, with a record of exemplary leadership and service in the areas of eliminating racism and promoting diversity through community service, racial reconciliation and/or social justice outreach within the community, workplace, institutions or agencies. She seeks opportunities to attain a common vision for peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all people.
- Sally Lee Lifetime Achievement Award: This award recognizes a woman who has devoted many years to making a significant difference for women in the community. This woman selflessly gives her time and energy to making our community a better place for generations to come. Possessing qualities of leadership and excellence in both her personal and professional endeavors, this woman embodies YWCA’s mission. This award is named after long-time YW executive director, the late Sally Lee.
Nomination forms are available online at www.ywcatricountyarea.org/2020tribute.
Tribute to Exceptional Women supports YWCA Tri-County Area’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. YWCA Tri-County Area is a leader in advocacy for women and girls, and educates children, youth, families, and communities through programming that empowers individuals to learn and grow across the lifespan, providing the foundation for a healthy and thriving community; empowers people to learn, grow, and take a stand; and advocates for the health and safety and empowerment and economic development of women and girls, and for racial and social justice.