AmeriCorps DAWN – Dignified Advancement, Workforce Navigation
This opportunity allows individuals to participate in a service year which is a paid opportunity to develop real-world skills through hands-on service.
AmeriCorps is a national service network that provides full- and less than full-time opportunities for participants, called members, to address local environmental, educational, public safety, other human needs, or homeland security issues.
The AmeriCorps national service network includes AmeriCorps State and National Programs, Indian Tribes and U.S. Territories Programs, Education Awards Program, AmeriCorps VISTA, FEMA Corps, and AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC).
Since 1994, more than one million AmeriCorps members have served over 1.4 billion hours to help their communities.
AmeriCorps members will work with adult learners and or opportunity youth in a 1-on-1 settings; and by building skills and knowledge needed for adults or opportunity youth obtain and maintain employment.
Each client served will have a minimum of 4 hours dedicated to intake, establishing individualized goals, and creating an individualized employment plan. Minimum of four hours of direct service from an AmeriCorps member for individuals will move up one level on Job Readiness matrix.
All Individuals can continue to move and improve job readiness as often as needed to attain goals to complete the individualized employment plan. Clients will be assessed after every four hours of instruction or attainment of interim goals monthly collection of data and entry into centralized data system.
- Conduct initial assessments and make initial determinations of eligibility for programs.
- Refer clients to appropriate services throughout the YW3CA, knowing all partners programs. intake/eligibility requirements, hours of operation, etc.
- Maintain client tracking system and follow established process to provide program integral services.
- Create and generate specialized spreadsheets for monthly (or as required) reports to document data for program.
- Participate in promoting various training services, programs and recruiting suitable candidates.
- Coordinates with outside agencies to ensure a constant flow of services and benefits.
- Reports their activities and data to AmeriCorps Manager and Host Supervisors.
- Provides feedback to program staff
DAWN – or workforce navigators – will provide a valuable to service to many members of the community, including to adult learners and opportunity youth.
- Staff that is dedicated to YOU and your experience in this program.
- A full time, meaningful experience that allows you to learn new skills and engage with your community in effective ways.
- A stipend for living expenses
- An Education Award after the first year of service